PMSL! Yep I suck at it. Although Sarah makes it very hard these days to sit at the computer for too long. She either wants to "sit on your lap Mummy" or "I get behind you and bwush your hair" yep she stands behind me on the computer seat and brushes my hair.....OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!
So its now 10pm and everyone is in bed. I was trying to access someone's blog and had to sign in to do so. I had tried a few weeks ago to log in but had forgotten my password so I persisted tonight and woohoo...I'm in! So I thought I really should update and try to get back to bloggin more regularly!
So what the heck has happened in the last few months since my last post??? Well i thought I'd put it in dot point form:
- Well reality Scrap wound up and Tam won!!! Woohoo...go Tam!!! The best thing I got out of the comp (other than some layouts that I really love) was spending so much time chatting with her, nutting out ideas together etc. Not that we were ever not close, but I think we are the closest now that we have ever been. No no Tam, you rock, seriously you do!! She has also started a new job and they have lots of exciting possibilities ahead of them.
- Michael is currently overseas and currently in Poland. Travelling with Russ so I am sure they are having an absolute HOOT! leading each other astray (in a responsible way of course!!! PMSL!) So proud of you Mikey....wouldn't you just love to meet up with Ms Stocker and tell her to stick your life up her....up her sleeve?!?! LOL!
- I had my week away like I did last year. Last year I was in such a horrible place mentally that I hardly left my room and didn't even know that the place I stayed at had a pool, mini-golf etc. This year, I stayed up at Noosa and went for drives, walks, shopping, scrapped heaps...had a great time, by myself being me. Ange commented last week that she didn't know if she could go away by herself. I find that I spend so much time being Mum, wife and nurse to Matthew's Diabetes, that I need that time alone to just be Trisha again! Of course I would much rather have Stephen with me but at this stage it is too much to ask anyone to look after all 3 kids for a week and an even bigger thing to ask someone to look after Diabetes for a week, so until they are a little older and when Matthew has more responsiblity of his own care (can't see him self-injecting at 10pm or getting up to test at 2am on those nights that look like he might go low!!) so until then, we'll look forward to the day we can go away together for a whole week but as yet we can't.
- Steve has resigned from B&KS and heading back to work for Reece. I feel like slapping him...I knew Reece was the right place for him and that he perhaps just needed a change from what he was doing with them (ie transfer internally) and now he's thrown nearly 4 years towards long service leave down the tube....Oh well. He starts back with them mid August. He won't be travelling anymore though, so that is a good thing...well i think it is. I miss him terribly when he is away but the first 2 nights to have time alone is good also!
- Matthew is sports mad...actually sports insane! He thinks about sport all the time. He joined Auskick this year and loved it. Of course he knew EVERYTHING already *roll eyes here* as his Dad had taught him everything he needed to know already!! (Steve you big superstar Dad you LOL!) But he went along each week, seemed to get heaps out of it and really enjoyed himself. The coaches seemed impressed with how he was playing. He kicks the ball incredibly well and seems to have an instinct about the game (of course that may be from watching and re-watching every grand final ever played over and over again!!!) BIG news though is.........................tomorrow he is playing Auskick at half time AT THE GABBA - in half time of the Brisbane Lions vs Carlton match. He is just a LITTLE excited!! His reaction when we told him was priceless. He was so overwhelmed with emotion that he started crying (amid lots of "Oh my god", "Are you serious?", "Oh my God, i can't believe it" etc etc!) After the game the Lions have family day where you can meet the players. He nearly wet himself tonight when we told him. "Can I actually talk to Jonothan Brown?" he asked! LOL! Steve told him he could ask him for his autograph too and he nearly fell over! Jonothan Brown is his hero. Matthew even struts like him when he is playing footy..very funny to watch!
- Emily.....Emily, Emily, Emily....I finally feel like she may actually like me and might actually believe that I love her just as much as I love Matthew and Sarah! PMSL! Touching wood...don't want to jinx it but we've been getting along so well. Of course we still have the occasional spat (and no doubt ALWAYS will!) but she has just been such a pleasure of late. The week before I went away, Steve was away for work and she was horrid! Completely horrid and nasty and rude and I had almost resigned myself to the fact that maybe we were just always going to have a strange relationship and that perhaps I just wasn't ever going to be as close with her as with the other 2. That perhaps she and Steve would have a special relationship and I would just be there when she was sick (why is it they always want Mummy when they are sick but Daddy for all the fun stuff?? LOL) Anyway, I finally feel like we may have the mother-daughter relationship that I had hoped for, that I had been trying to build. I think she is growing up too and realising that she has a very important role in our family, that she is just as loved and important as everyone in our family. We were talking recently about when she was born and I told her how excited I was when she was born and was a girl as I had always wanted a daughter and she was so happy and excited about that! So touch wood, things are really good with Emily. I love her so much, she is such an amazing little soul, so caring and sweet and loving and thoughtful and I just want her to always know how special and loved she is...finally I feel like she realises that! What a long road it has been though PMSL!!!
- Sarah - the talking machine, my goodness she is talking sooooo well and some of the things she says just blow me away. She sings so many songs
- Incy Wincy 'Pider
- Old MacDonald had a farm (e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-eee)
- Playschool Song (just like I did as a kid apparently "and stories are telled....then finishes with a hell-o??")
- Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star (and the Daddy's got a caaaaa-aar version!!)
- Baa Baa Black Sheep (my favourite part is "and one for the little boy who's going home" LOL!)
Reminds me of Matthew and Emily's Nursery Ryme Interpretations - Matthew used to sing about Little Jack Horner who sat in the corner eating his Christmas Tree :D and Emily used to sing "I'm a Jingle Bells Scarecrow instead of Jingle Jangle Scarecrow!!
She also likes some mainstreamradio music too and cracks me up when she just starts singing along with the radio...This child seriously doesn't realise that she is only 2, I am convinced that she thinks she is the same age as Emily!
OK, so this is as far as I got with this post so I'll post it now rather than draft it again and start a fresh post!
No comments:
Post a Comment