Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year...2008...bring it on (but only in an organised way thankyou!

Saw this on someone's blog this morning and thought it would be fun to recap 2007 with:

1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before? Held a snake at Alma Park zoo as part of a TV commercial.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Gee, I don't remember....ummm.....Oh yes I do...this year was going to be the year of "High Maintenance" LOL! Just so you don't think I have tickets on myself, in 2006 Matthew had a girl in his class who's Mum is stunning, so we nicknamed her "Hottie" because Steve could never remember her name. Anyway, we were chatting about her one day and I commented that she always looked amazing but I'd never seen her in the same outfit (ie always new clothes) and that I wondered how she could be so perfectly made up and hair etc to drop her daughter to school. I mentioned that I thought she would be a very high maintenance wife (which I am now about 99% sure is the case) I went on to explain that she seems to spend a heck of a lot on clothes and manicures and hair and makeup and kids clothes etc etc. Anyway, Stephen commented that if I looked like that, I could be as high maintenance as I wanted to be LOL! Anyway, I can't be high maintenance, it's not me. I do plan to get my hair done more regularly and start looking after myself better this year but I don't think I'll ever look like "Hottie" and you know what, I don't really want to. I've got to know her better and she's actually annoying, so concerned about appearance and what people think and that's not me. I am more interested in people remembering me as someone friendly and happy than the lady who always looks good and obviously spends a lot of money on herself. So no I didn't really keep 2006/7's NY resolution! LOL!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Tarsh, Glen and Ena welcomed Owen to their family. Gayle and Tim had their daughter, Isla, making Russ and Penny grandparents and Ange and Steve an Aunt and Uncle. Congratulations to them!!!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
My grandmother passed away 28th August 2007. I think about her all of the time. I know Mum is missing her so much. Nothing like a Mum to talk to. I love you Mum xx

5. What countries did you visit?
*sigh* one day!!

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Less procrastination, more energy, more drive and determination to get through my uni work, more organisation.

7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
28th August - Marnie passed away. 30th November - Emily's pre-school graduation. I looked at her that night and it took my breath away that she is really going to school, that I have 2 school aged kids and only 1 baby left at home, that she is so mature and confident and individual and kind and sweet and beautiful and I am so proud of her. I mean I always know these things but seeing her graduating and then on 'stage' singing with her class and being one of the older, bigger kids, I just realised what an incredible young lady she is!

OK Say there were about 30 questions and this was as far as I got, I'm going to post this now (months and months later *roll eyes*)

Keep smiling,
Trish

No comments: