
Yep that little baby on the left is now the babe on the right! My little sister is 30!! Unbelievable!!!
But of course she shares her birthday with her twin brother...he however has decided that he is turning 27 this year...(until the house settles then he will allow himself to be 30). LOL! He wanted to have 3 things achieved before he turned 30, 2 are done (boat and work promotion) but the 3rd is still pending (buying a house).
I don't have a baby photo of Mikey though :( but here's one with Milly (who adores her Uncle Mikey!!)
I really can't believe that you guys are 30! I was about to turn 4 when you guys came and crashed my world LOL! and I remember you guys being little so vividly!
Some quick memories ...
...Michael wearing thongs everywhere, including into our little above ground pool.
...Tammie playing with Barbie's....in fact Tammie having every Barbie thing ever made - caravans, horses, townhouses, cars, Ken, Barbie, Barbie's sister/daughter, furniture...etc etc etc (I on the other hand had 1 Barbie and can remember biting its foot for some strange reason!)
...Michael pulling everything apart to find out how it worked, including a pen in Marnie's bathroom and splattering it all over her white curtains.
...Tammie reading Babysitter Club books
...playing Softball and/or teeball in the front yard. There was a mound of dirt that had been delivered on the footpath and never got used so grass grew over it so we used to use that as home base, the water manhole as the pitchers plate and then we'd dodge the persimmons as we ran the bases!
... jumping the fence to run over to the Robsons, Heinrichs or 'Jameseses' house
... many many camping trips - yabbie pumping, walks on the beach, icecreams of our choice
... Thursday night Dad's cooking - homebrand pizzas "Dad style", homebrand burgers "Dad style"... plus our choice of chocolate bars or Tam's standard Chomp!
... Honey patrol for each other when the mustard came out LOL!
... hiding the rulers!!
... sneaking Mikey into our room at night to play. He'd get down low and crawl along the floor into our room and we could never work out how Mum and Dad knew...derr, where Mum and Dad used to sit in the lounge room was about 2m from where Michael was crawling!
... Staying up late and giggling then getting into trouble but putting pillows in our PJ pants in case we got a smack (and thinking we were getting away with it!) LOL! Now that I have my own kids I have to laugh - 1st I now realise how frustrating it is when you just want your kids to GO TO SLEEP! and 2nd - how Mum and Dad kept a straight face when telling us off!!
... Tammie's "goth" stage...ewww!
... Watching the Sound of Music - EVERY TIME it was on! LOL!
We had a lot of fun growing up. We also had some not so great times but their were definitely more good times!
You have both achieved so much. You've grown into amazing people and I love you both! So Happy Birthday to my little brother and sister. Hope you have a wonderful 30th birthday and that the next 30 are just as great as the last 30!
Keep smiling
Love Trish
1 comment:
What a sweet birthday tribute to your younger sibblings!! I heard that we should have been wishing you a happy birthday recently too! Hope you had a great day.
Post a Comment