Monday, November 24, 2008

Sex and the City

Tam and I have made a pact to update our blog every day for 2 weeks. The first person to miss a day has to take the other person out for coffee (or Earl Grey Tea for some LOL!) so...wish me luck! I think it was meant to start 2 days ago, but I thought I'd start with a fresh new week (well thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!)

Well I just watched Sex and the City Movie and loved it. The end was a little sappy but as Steve said "It's a chick flick, what did you expect". But it really got me thinking about my friends and our little group of 4....Elle, Ange, Vicki and I! I was watching it and thinking who would be who.

Would Ange be Miranda, the non-nonsense, sensible, practical one?
Would Vicki be Samantha? All be it a little more toned down but non-the less with the same zest for life and love for fun?
Would Elle be Charlotte? The positive, always look on the bright side, life is peachy one?
And does that make me Carrie? Hmmm...not sure....I wouldn't know my Manolo Blahnik's from my Tar-get specials! LOL!

I don't know but I do know that I treasure these girls so much. We've been friends now for around 20 years (Can you believe that?!?!) and they know me better than anyone in the world! They have seen me admire my first crush from a distance, catch my crush and lose him again, they laughed with me through many classes at school, in fact they made accounting with Mrs West and Maths with Mrs Stillman bearable, they wiped away many tears when my heart was broken, they rejoiced in true love with me, they shared my grief when Dad died, they've celebrated my successes with me, they held my hair back while I threw up from too much alcohol, they have shared my deepest hopes, dreams, desires and secrets, they welcomed Stephen into their lives and gave him the nod of approval (to quote Elle "we like you much better than that other one"), they shared my awe of entering motherhood when Matthew was born then again when Emily and Sarah were born, they listened to me when I was really struggling with Emily, they've helped me talk through my problems and helped me see solutions I hadn't thought of and of course......boy have we laughed, uncontrollably at times!

We are all so much busier with our lives these days so thankfully when we do get together, we slip right back into that comfortable "comfortableness" that is "us". Love these girls to death and I am so grateful to have them in my life!

Now for a scary blast from the past..... taken approx 1998/1999.






And the same gang, taken Jan this year! (Excuse the bad edit job)







Sorry, got a little sentimental, but watching Sex and the City just made me realise how lucky I am to have these girls in my life!

Keep Smiling :)
Trish

1 comment:

Wendy Smith said...

well Tish...looke like you will be shouting your friend to coffee...havent kept up with a post a day...LOL