Saturday, February 07, 2009

100 things....

I've been blog hopping this morning and since I am so bad at updating my blog unless I steal ideas off other blogs, I thought I'd steal this too LOL!

So what I am meant to do is answer the questions and pick the five top ones that you'd most like to do, so here goes:

1. Started my own blog – Yes, the poor neglected thing!!

2. Slept under the stars – Umm...kinda...does in a tent count?

3. Played in a band – Again...kinda - orchestra all through school and Recorder Group (Band) in primary school - yes you read right, a whole group playing recorders (although the thought now gives me shivers, the teacher must have been partially deaf!) but it gets worse - I was the leader of the recorder band and could play a variety of different types of recorder. I think from memory there was the piccolo, the alto, the soprano, the bass and double bass recorder. Yeah I was supercool in primary school!

4. Visited Hawaii – No :(

5. Watched a meteor shower - not that I can recall although I can vividly remember Halleys Comet.

6. Given more than I can afford to charity – Yeah but we're really hoping Matthew will reap the rewards one day.

7. Been to Disneyworld/land - No, we had planned to take the kids there when Matthew turned 10, although I think Sarah may not be old enough to fully appreciate it then so maybe when he's 12, Em will be 10 and Sarah 7!

8. Climbed a mountain – Girraween National Park - climbed a huge rock thingy called the Pyramids as a kid, we got most of the way up before Mum freaked at the combination of the height and the wind blowing and told Dad it was time to turn around! LOL!

9. Held a praying mantis - Yes, I think they are one of the coolest insects!

10. Sung a solo – Kinda - had small solo parts in various musicals at school. I can still remember the words to my solo part in Gr 8 production of Anne of Green Gables.

11. Bungee jumped – NO WAY!! and never will!! Watched Steve do it though and seriously thought he was dead when he was just hanging there at the end with all trace of colour gone from his face!

12. Visited Paris – Only through Grade 8 French classes! Maybe one day *sigh*

13. Watched lightning at sea – Watched it from dry land, how scary would it be being out on a boat/ship amongst lightening!

14. Taught myself an art from scratch – The Art of Raising Children without going completely insane count?

15. Adopted a child – No, I think I'd like to foster kids one day though, so many kids that need a little bit of unconditional love and someone to believe in them.

16. Had food poisoning – Urgh...yes, from a friends 21st at Hogs Breathe Cafe....there were about 25 of us there and 18 got sick...2 seriously, 1 actually took them to court about it! I avoided Hogs Breathe for a loooonnnngggg time but now one of my fave places to eat!

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty – Nope!

18. Grown my own vegetables – Haha! No. When we moved in to our old house, the garden was a complete vegies patch, with fruit trees, herbs, complete with chook shed even...we quickly put the Steve and Trish touch to it - lots of weeds, dead plants and eventually pulled it all out! Now Steve is getting all Farmer Ted on me - has a compost bin and wants to start up a vegie patch.

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France – Nope.

20. Slept on an overnight train – Nope.

21. Had a pillow fight – Many!

22. Hitchhiked – Nope

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill – Is there anyone in the world who hasn't??

24. Built a snow fort – A what? Built a snow man, does that count?

25. Held a lamb – yes

26. Gone skinny dipping – Yep

27. Run a marathon - Nope despite Elle and Vicki trying their best to get me to.

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice – Nope.

29. Seen a total eclipse – Yes, very cool!

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset – Lots of them and hoping to see LOTS more!

31. Hit a home run – Yep! Yay me! Played teeball and softball for many years!

32. Been on a cruise – Nope.

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person – Nope!!

34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors – Nope!

35. Seen an Amish community – Nope.

36. Taught myself a new language – Not taught myself but I learnt French in Grade 8
and Italian from Grade 8 - Grade 12.

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied – Nope although there is more to life than money, I'd just like enough to go shopping without feeling guilty about spending!

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person – Nope.

39. Gone rock climbing – Funny I can recall doing it but have no idea when or where.

40. Seen Michelangelo’s David – nope.

41. Sung karaoke – yes, so much fun.

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt – what? never even heard of it!

43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant – no don't really have the spare cash
to do it but I do like the idea of "pay it forward" and hope to do it one day!

44. Visited Africa – Nope.

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight – Yep, magical!

46. Been transported in an ambulance – No

47. Had my portrait painted – Not painted but sketched when I was younger. We were camping at the Bunya Mountains and there was this old guy there who sketched all 3 of us kids. They have been on Mum's wall for years and Michael has just had them reframed for Mum for Christmas.

48. Gone deep sea fishing – No

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person – Nope.

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris – Nope.

51. Gone scube diving or snorkeling – Both - scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef in 2001 was one of the best experiences of my life!

52. Kissed in the rain – Yep

53. Played in the mud – Yep

54. Gone to a drive-in theater – Yep and I'm really sad that they aren't around here
any more!

55. Been in a movie – Nope - but does a TV ad count?

56. Visited the Great Wall of China – Nope

57. Started a business – hmmm...Steve started his Installation business years ago
and I started my own Tupperware business (lol...well they market it as starting your very own business!)

58. Taken a martial arts class – Nope

59. Visited Russia – Nope

60. Served at a soup kitchen – No but I want to

61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies – No

62. Gone whale watching – Not deliberately...but have seen them!!

63. Got flowers for no reason – Yep!!

64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma – yep - every 3 months!

65. Gone sky diving – NO WAY IN THIS LIFETIME OR ANY OTHER LIFETIME...in fact if the plane was going down I'd probably still not strap on a parachute and jump!

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp – No but it would be interesting.

67. Bounced a check – nope.

68. Flown in a helicopter – Nope

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy – Yep

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial – Nope

71. Eaten caviar – yep - not sure it is all it is cracked up to be!

72. Pieced a quilt – God no! I don't even like sewing buttons on

73. Stood in Times Square – nope

74. Toured the Everglades – nope

75. Been fired from a job – nope

76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London – nope

77. Broken a bone – nope

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle - I had a boyfriend (Dominic) many years ago who
rode a bike. i'm not sure if he was speeding but it sure felt like it. It was scary and exhilarating at the same time (or I might have pretended to be scared so I could hug into him more! LOL!)

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person – nope.

80. Published a book – no but have often thought that I'd like to try to write a children's book one day!!

81. Visited the Vatican – Nope

82. Bought a brand new car – Nope

83. Walked in Jerusalem – Nope

84. Had my picture in the newspaper – Yes

85. Read the entire Bible – No and I never will!

86. Visited the White House – Nope

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating – Eww...no, I'll happily eat it but
someone else can do the gross bit. Although, I suppose I have - fish!

88. Had chickenpox – Yep as a kid

89. Saved someone's life – don't think so

90. Sat on a jury – Nope

91. Met someone famous – met many while working at Cha Cha Char. Matthew Hayden,
Dennis Lillee, Greg Norman, Fatty Vautin, Peter Sterling, Gordon Tallis, Shane Webke, Alastair Lynch, Rishard Champion, Malcolm Blight, Dave Faulkner (Hoodoo Gurus), Chris Isaac, Martin Plaza (Mental as Anything), John Williamson, Nick Cave, John Farnham, lots of politicians including Kim Beasley, Olympians - Jai whatever his name is lol, Stephen Bradbury, Natalie Cook, Kerri Pottharst.....there are lots of others that I can't think of now. To be honest, I don't really get off on the "famous" thing - they are really just people who are really good at what they do.

92. Joined a book club – Nope

93. Lost a loved one – My dad way too early, all of my grandparents

94. Had a baby – 3, it blows me away how quickly they have grown up yet it seems like forever since they were babies.

95. Seen the Alamo in person – Nope

96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake – nope

97. Been involved in a law suit - nope.

98. Owned a cell phone – yep and lost it a few weeks ago :(

99. Been stung by a bee – Yep

100. Ridden an elephant – No, but I would soooo love to do that!!!!! I've ridden a camel though and that was really cool!

So which ones do I want to do the most - ride an elephant, pay for someones meal, own another cell phone (or preferably find my old one!), travel to most of the places mentioned (in fact just travel outside the country).

Keep smiling,
Trish

No comments: