

Well what a weekend! Busy, busy, busy!! Had a cyber crop on with Zig Zag (www.zigzagscrapbooking.com.au) on the weekend. I think I am getting a little addicted to them!! LOL There were 5 challenges but I only managed to get 2 of them done although I have started another 2 of them, just have to finish them off.
The first challenge was to use a black and white photo, had to be monochromatic, the word "sweet" had to be included in teh title or journalling and it had to have free hand doodling. I am thrilled with how mine turned out and I did it super quick too which was good. Not overly liking the doodling but had to put it there for the challenge and its not too bad. Love that pic of Matthew and Emily though, so sweet!!
Second challenge was to use Allison Ellis Designs patterned papers x 2, buttons, ribbons in 2 places, a quote and distressing. I scoured through my pp stash and had 2 pieces of AED paper, the stirpes and the frangapanis and I also had a page of alphbet and random wedding/celebration words. SO then I had to find a pic of someone's wedding. I probably should have used mine shouldn't I LOL, but my cousin Richard's wedding pic was in my photo file so I decided to do that one. I have inked around the strips of paper and the tags and there was ribbon top right of the photo but I didn't like it there so have taken it off LOL!
So now I'm just waiting to hear how the voting has gone....dum-de-do, dum-de-dee!!
It's great fun doing these cyber crops because they generally get me to think in a different way or try something I wouldn't usually try. I was quite disappointed that I didn't get the chance to complete the other 2 but at least they are started. Steve had sport most of the weekend though so we were out watching him play both Saturday and Sunday and then SOMEONE decided to phone me on Saturday night and have a chat!! LOL! Kelley phoned from KiwiScraps. We've been chatting on MSN for ages and have become good friends online but had never spoken so it was a bit weird at first (for all of 1 minute!!) and then we just chat, chat, chattered!! Was so good to chat in person and she even talks as fast as me!!! Quite an economical call - we can get so much more into the conversation! She sounded like she was having such a great time although I think you need lessons on how to be a proper scrapbooking groupie Kell!!! Hahaha!
What else have we been up to??? Took Emily to McDonald's yesterday to have a play with her friend Meg for her birthday. We didn't end up having a party and Emily kindof decided that she was having a party for her and Meg so we got together yesterday instead. Kath and I got to sit around chatting while the girls played. They are so cute together, lots of hugs goodbye and "see you at Kindy", very cute, they are like teenager already!!
Anyway, I really should be cleaning my house but thought I'd take the chance to update my blog while Sarah was snoozing and Emily was outside playing, she's digging up the garden. Uncle Dale got back to Brisbane yesterday and bought Em a gardening set and a book for her birthday so she is busy being a gardener. She just told me she is making sushi though so maybe we need a little lesson on horticulture LOL (The book she got is about everyone being different and has a part with kids sitting down to eat lunch and one kid has sushi)
Well, until later, keep smiling and being happy!
Trish
1 comment:
PMSL!!! Need lessons!!! Are you gonna give them to me???
Loved chatting with you too!!!
LOVE your LOs too!!!! You so clever!!
Post a Comment