"I'm So Sad to Say.....
.....it's time to go...
Chelle & Tish.
Thanks for playing with us and good luck in the Others. Make sure you keep playing along! ;)"
:( We're out! I must admit I am pretty disappointed to be out of the main part of the comp, although I do plan on continuing to play along as one of the "Others" I'd love to think that there will be a twist giving someone the opportunity to get back in the game but being in week 6 of a 10 week comp, I can't see it happening, we've already had intruders so I don't think so.....but then we never know what they have up their sleeves!
This was the Week 5 Challenge:
A road block is where both players complete the task and receive personal points, but only one of them uses their entry to compete with the other players. You must nominate this person before the challenge is announced.
The nominated players will be those who didn't play at the last Road Block:
Bethroid
Chellejamo
Annettel
Will
Loulou
Trudi
Tracey.
BASIC GREY:
The Reality Scrap Survival Kit contains two Basic Grey 'Blush' patterned papers. These are preferable for this challenge.
Use this advertisement as inspiration:

Your layout:
* must draw from this advertisement for inspiration.
* must have journaling on the photograph/s.
* must use two Basic Grey Blush papers.
* must have at least two other Basic Grey items on your layout. These can be anything from Basic Grey, including rub ons, ribbons, chipboard, tags, monograms, fibres or other papers.
All previous rules still apply. Layouts are due by 11.59pm Saturday 10 March 2007. Please email your layout to realityscrap@gmail.com as well as upload it to the Scrapbook City gallery, when it is online again.
Good luck and have fun!
Thanks again for your patience.
Alicia & Sara.
WEEK 5: Being A Mum
I was really happy with this layout. I had planned to do it Saturday but then Dale phoned about going up to the Bunya Mountains so I really had to get a wriggle on with it. Steve was honking the horn from the car as I was trying to email it through and I stupidly emailed through the wrong picture - one that had heaps of glare on the pic! Grrr stupid me and grrr to the impatient male species!! LOL! Journalling on the photo follows on from the title. Being a Mum..is the greatest thing I have ever done. Love Mum x"
I love this photo of Matthew and I. One of the kids commented that I looked so young!
So as of this week, all teams are dissolved and every one is now in it for themselves! This week is an OTP (Off The Page) item. Not something I do a lot of but this one sounds like a fun idea...something for your fridge - either to sit on top or on the front...Hmmm.... I think I have an idea but not sure if it will work yet! Have to use Chatterbox papers too (I lurve Chatterbox) Now I've just got to find the time to get that done this week too, an OTP in a day hmm...
Well uni has hit FULL ON! I have 2 teaching units to plan, one for my Science Curriculum subject and one for my English Curriculum subject - a multi-literacy project...urgh! I also have a presentation to do in 2 weeks, portfloio tasks for 2 subjects that need to be done each week, and I haven't even started looking beyond what is due by week 5! ARGH!!! I am really enjoying it though. My subjects are (in layman terms, not wanky uni try hard talk): English Curriculum, Science Curriculum, Educating Students with Learning Difficulties and Human Sexuality and Education. Very cool subjects all of them!
I am really loving the Learning Difficulties subject. This is where my interest lies, in particular helping children with learning, language and reading difficulties/disabilities. We've been doing activities and watching programs to make us realise how a child with LD feels. Amazing! One of the activities was brilliant! Our tutor started a story then randomly pointed to someone in the group to continue the story, had to be quick, had to be interesting! After a while she changed the rules, we had to continue adding to the story, quickly and making it interesting but we couldn't use the letter 's' anywhere in the words we were using! Interesting.... She was role playing and hurrying each person along, saying things like "Think about it", "Oh come on, I know you can do this", "Are you thinking?" etc etc..Then she changed the rules again...we had to continue along without using the letter "s" OR the letter "n" in our words. OMG Do you realise how hard that is? When most people talk, speaking is an associative task, meaning we can do it without having to concentrate too hard and we can do other things at the same time. In comparison we also have Cognitive tasks that require our concentration and usually can only be done by themselves (you know how you turn to your kids and say shhh! when you are driving and it suddenly starts pouring with rain?!?!) This activity makes talking a cognitive task for us which is how some students with LDs function. It was amazing to feel like it must feel, to have to really think about trying to get the answers and right words out. Added to that you don't want people to think you are stupid so anxiety rises too which makes it even harder. I am really enjoying the subject! And then there is the Sexuality subject....we might leave that to another time though ;) LOL!
Anyway, Sarah is at Kindy today, Em is at Pre-school, Matthew at school and I am meant to be studying so I had better be off and study!
Stay happy and never stop smiling..there is ALWAYS something to smile about!
Love Trish xoxo
1 comment:
Awwww Trish - your LO is freaking awesome!! I LOVE that!!! It definately has that WOW factor - so bummed you got knocked out - hope you do get back in somehow - but if not - you still rock!!!
Post a Comment