Saturday, March 31, 2007

The highs, the lows, the excitement

Well last post I mentioned that another chance to get back into Reality Scraps had been announced. How exciting but OMG what terrible timing!! I have soooo much uni work to do I really didn't think I would get a chance to get it and the other layout for the week done but somehow managed to get it done (still to finish the other layout before midnight tonight ARGH!!) but anyway...here is the WILDCARD challenge:

I promised you another twist this week and here it is. This is a WILDCARD challenge for members of "The Others" team only. This is an ADDITIONAL challenge for "The Others" this week and is OPTIONAL. Players who choose to complete this challenge are playing for a spot BACK into the Reality Scrap team.

The Challenge: You CANNOT use anything from the Survival Kit and the challenge will be using the basics only. Requirements:
* Your layout CANNOT have any photos, however it can journaling and memorabilia.
* You must use glue only to compile your page. No other fastening methods of any kind may be used.
* You may use any patterned paper not included in the kit., Good luck, Survivors!

Please note that we will be choosing this person not only on their layout, but also based on board participation. There is more to being on a Design Team than just great layouts, we will choose someone who we would believe would work well in our particular Design Team.

So here is my layout for the Wildcard Challenge using one of Matthew's Student of the Week Awards from last year and telling the story behind why he got it:



















The story was - he was left behind at school when going to swimming one day and his teacher was impressed that he sorted it out and went to the office straight away, so he got this award for being a responsible Yr 1 and a great problem solver. But then that is Matthew, Mr Careful! Mr 5 going on 50!!!

Anyway, it wasn't enough to get back into the game but regardless it is something that I really wanted to scrap because the whole thing is just so...MATTHEW! LOL! I am still working on the other layout for the week. Still in the game as an other so still earning points towards guest design team spots, prizes etc and it keeps me getting one page a week done at least! LOL!

I got the idea for this weeks layout this week when I went to get my eyes tested and got some glasses (only for reading - all the study is taking its toll!!) I'm thinking of using this pic...


I arty farty'd up the pic. Has to be a Black and White photo and a self portrait so I'll see how it prints up. Hope it matches what I have in mind LOL I'll expain it all when I finish the layout (got 5 hours argh!!!)


Anyway, Steve and Matthew have gone to the Brisbane Lions vs Hawthorn game tonight so Emily Sarah and I are going to get some Thai food in a second...yum! So I better go get it organised and then we'll settle in to watch the footy too (well Emily will, I'll be madly scrapping and then studying!!!)


Keep Smiling!

Trish xoxo





No comments: