After months (nearly a year) of talking about ballet, Emily had her first lesson today. I am soooo incredibly proud of my girl. She is such an amazing little thing. She was so excited and apparently told her pre-school teachers ALL day that she was going to ballet this afternoon! I knew she was excited but I thought she may be a little shy, unsure of herself and maybe a little apprehensive to join in. But I should have thought about it...this is Em....my give it a go girl! In true Emily fashion she jumped right in and gave it a go. As luck would have it, today was an open classroom day and parents could sit in on the class and watch. I would love to have taken a photo of her. She joined in and tried her best and you know what, she wasn't too bad!!! Having taught little kids when I used to dance, I was really expecting to see those gorgeous sickle feet that little kids do, or the little bottoms that they have to poke out as they do everything but she is really quite co-ordinated and I think she will be OK at it! Most importantly though, SHE LOVED IT! She came home and proceeded to set up the kids area as her ballet classroom and taught her pretend class everything she had learnt. The class goes for an hour and they get to experience a little bit of all types of dance. Today they did Ballet to start, then some Jazz (Hi-5 Jazz they call it) and then some acrobatics. So the chaos of picking Matthew up, picking her up, getting her changed and there by 3.30pm through the current ridiculous Eatons Hill roadworks nightmare, was completely worth it. So she is going again next week (I can already tell it is going to be a LONG week with her asking me everyday is today ballet day LOL)
Got a nice suprise tonight too when Stephen phoned telling me he was at Chermside! Back from his trip a day early, Yeah!!!! He had parked his car at his Mum's and went on this trip with a work collegue who had picked him up and dropped him off. His Mum wasn't home though so he was stranded at Chermside with no keys to his car (which were inside his mum's house .....why is it the male mind works like that...wouldn't you keep your car keys with you, or is that just me?! LOL!) Anyway, told the kids to get into the car, that I had to go over to Chermside to pick something up. Grumble, grumble from Matthew of course, life is so unfair when you are 6 and have no time to yourself! LOL! Of course they all got a great suprise when we drove in to Chermside and Matthew says, that looks like Dad, OMG it IS Dad! Haha! Told you we had to pick something up!
Anyway, thats about all I have to share. Just wanted to say how proud I am of Emily for giving things a go and not being shy about anything. She is one amazing little girl and seeing that smile on her face today was amazing! I felt like a genie who had granted her every wish! I was going to go in to the Papercrafts Festival tomorrow but I really should spend the day studying. Cath is having the girls for the day and whiel I really want to go, I really should use the day to study so I'm going to see how I feel in the morning although I think the guilt of uni work to be done may win! How sad is THAT!!! PMSL! It's not like I need anything scrapbooking wise and its $20 before I even walk in the door with parking and admission and I still have to finish my stuff for Reality Scraps...I think I've just convinced myself that I am not going! :( Doesn't matter, 2.5 years and I'll be at every one buying up BIG! LOL!
Anyway, keep smiling!
Trish xo
Thursday, March 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know that proud feeling Tish, when your eyes well up and you feel all choked up! Go with it - it's a mum thing!!!
Don't even start me on the Eatons Hill roadworks!! Took me nearly 15 mins to get from the school out onto Eatons Crossing Road the other morning !#@$#!
Post a Comment